Opening for a Legal Assistant
Gerrand Rath Johnson LLP is a medium-sized, full-service law firm. We provide high quality client service in a collegial and family-friendly environment. We are seeking a full time Legal Assistant. Preference will be given to those candidates with prior legal experience.
The position involves responsibilities which include:
– Typing correspondence and legal documents from dictation, handwritten or shorthand notes.
– Managing confidential and sensitive matters and information.
– Initiating documentation and correspondence on files.
– File maintenance, including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, and maintaining client diary system.
– Handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering client telephone calls and general inquiries.
– Administration duties including file organization and bill preparation.
The ideal candidate:
– Will have prior legal office experience;
– Should possess some post-secondary education;
– Must be able to multi-task efficiently and effectively;
– Has knowledge of legal terminology;
– Can work independently and produce documents quickly and accurately as required;
– Possesses strong computer skills and knowledge and has experience transcribing dictation;
– Takes pride in their work, with a focus on detail, matter management and scheduling;
– Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, with lawyers, clients and co-workers.
Pay is to be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Gerrand Rath Johnson LLP offers an excellent work environment with and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage everyone from our diverse community to apply. For more information on our firm and its lawyers please visit our website at www.grj.ca
We thank all who submit resumes/applications to our office in response to this ad; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your application by email to the attention of Devan Coates at OfficeManager@grj.ca